For over 30 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying. As part of the larger Panasonic brand, our name shows commitment and investment to improving quality of life. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Tokyo, and Dubai; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities throughout the world.
We are seeking a Systems Install Staff Engineer to support engineering projects within the Systems Installation group from an electrical/mechanical/seat design standpoint; from systems integration to installation. Support engineering design and development of aircraft installation packages based on customers and OEM’s requirements for production and retrofit applications.
Support Systems Installation Group
• Support senior engineers to coordinate programs with customers and OEM’s.
• Coordinate with Panasonic Avionics external engineering design groups for drawings and data to aid in design efforts.
• Coordinate with manufacturers for design changes and updates.
• Support supervisor and senior systems engineers in program schedule generation and project tracking.
Engineer, Design and Develop System Installation Packages
• Maintain engineering drawing files and configuration control of released drawings by archiving/filing.
• Utilize Auto CAD, CATIA, Pro-E or equivalent design tool to perform design/drafting responsibilities for wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, seat configuration, wiring/structural installation drawings, etc.
• Develop block library parts for engineers/designers.
• Design support includes aircraft wiring design, cable assemblies, seat configuration, wire routing installations, disconnects, etc.
• Support and coordinate systems designs for production and retrofit applications with all departments/vendors.
• Review and check engineering data/drawings for accuracy, errors and traceability.
• Support the design of installation engineering documentation to support airline customer’s requirements.
BSEE, BSME or other relevant Engineering discipline.
5-10 years’ of mechanical/electrical/seat design experience in the aircraft industry.
This position requires up to 25% domestic or international travel to support coordination meetings and program reviews at manufacturers.
Possess a strong background and understanding of airline regulatory guidelines and design requirements for aircraft wiring.
Solid understanding of avionic component parts utilized in the design and manufacture of cable assemblies and sheet metal brackets (i.e. connectors, contacts, wire types, sheet metal materials, finish, etc.).
Ability to apply knowledge of avionic structural/wiring/seat design to develop unique system solutions.
Exhibit a high degree of understanding of aircraft and avionic terms.
Proficient using AutoCAD, CATIA, PRO-E or other design software experience.
Advanced ability to develop and implement test methods and procedures.
Proven and effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
Demonstrated experience proving identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Uses expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both written and verbally.