MTS Systems creates some of the world’s highest performance mechanical testing systems for customers that include Formula 1 teams, leading automotive and aerospace companies, and the world’s leading researchers in materials, seismic, and other engineering disciplines. Our control software enables these systems to achieve extremely high levels of physical simulation fidelity and performance by enabling advanced controls, data acquisition, and modeling capabilities.
We are seeking a Ground Vehicles Systems Integration Engineer to support factory checkout, support on-site commissioning, and conduct acceptance testing for ground vehicle durability and performance test equipment, including Road Simulator Systems, Multi-Axial Simulation Tables, and vehicle component test systems.
In this role you will :
- Train customers on the operation and use of ground vehicle testing systems.
- Work collaboratively with checkout and field service personnel to resolve system performance issues in checkout and in the field.
- Provide 2nd tier technical support for installed base of ground vehicle test equipment and software.
- Provide consulting services to customers in the areas of vehicle instrumentation and road load data acquisition, durability test optimization, and best laboratory practices.
- Act as a technical resource to Applications Engineering in pursuit of sales with custom content.
- Conduct pre-sale product demonstrations, webinars, and on-site meetings with customers in support of unique customer applications.
- Support Product Management by proposing system approaches, system modules, and products for development that can enhance MTS's position in the market.
- Conduct system-level testing on new software, controllers, and mechanical products in the ground vehicle durability and performance areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or similar
- 5 years’ engineering experience, with at least 3 years in a field related to the testing of ground vehicles or components.
- Experience in one or more of the following: servohydraulic test systems or associated control methodologies, vehicle instrumentation and road load data acquisition, MTS RPC software or related simulation products.
- Experience commissioning complex technical equipment, or training or supporting customers on its operation and use.
- Master’s degree in engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or similar
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally. Expected travel is approximately 35%.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 12 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...