Connect to GXS and Connect to the World!
With more than 2800 employees and operations in 20
different countries, GXS offers endless opportunities to
learn, grow and succeed with one of the nation’s
fastest-growing private companies. Bring us your talent,
energy and drive and become a star player on our winning
GXS is seeking a HP Operations Manager (OM) for Linux as
the primary event/alert monitoring platform for GXS
production and internal systems. OM integrates with
other applications, such as NNMi, and feeds events
upstream HP BSM for further correlation and
presentation. The Systems Programmer is responsible for
the administration and configuration of various
production monitoring tools and templates, primarily
HP's Operations Manager (OM) . Over time, the position
might evolve to include a different mix of operational
support and monitoring tools.
into the production environment.
- Deploy OM Policies and other monitoring components
and assist monitoring specialists in the application
- Develop OM Policies and other monitoring components,
support areas in doing the same.
agent software and with other applications.
- Troubleshoot problems with OM management server and
and Performance Agent.
- Install, configure, and upgrade HP Operations Agent
- Testing of vendor patches, new releases of
infrastructure and initiate corrective action.
- Recognize recurring problems in the monitoring
features for the GXS environment.
- Investigation, design and implementation of new
be needed on an occasional basis.
- Training of end users of monitoring tools will also
Note: This position is open to all US office locations.
Manager for Unix/Linux.
- Experience in administration of HP Operations
- Experience with OM policy development and
agent to servers and setting up alerts on various
- Applicants must have proven experience in pushing
supporting complex applications.
- Basic Linux systems administration.
- Experience in a commercial operations environment,
Orchestration, SiteScope, BSM and BPM.
- Basic windows system administration.
- Experience with tools such as NNMi, Operations
processes, especially Incident, Problem, Change and
- Familiarity and experience with ITIL and its
effectively in a time critical environment.
- Strong Open Systems skills (Linux, HP-UX, Sun).
- Basic Windows Server knowledge.
- Ability to handle and prioritize workloads and work
rapidly to change in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive and innovative with the ability to adapt
geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to work independently and with a
- Process oriented with good trouble-shooting /
- Programming skills in Perl and shell scripting.
- Programming skills in Java, C.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- ITIL v3 certification desired.
- Linux system administration and HP tool training
GXS life in Gaithersburg
Join our Gaithersburg, MD office conveniently located
directly off I-270 and within walking distance of the
many amenities of the Rio Center including great shops,
restaurants, a movie theatre, and great walking paths
along the lake. We offer an onsite Fitness Center at no
cost as well as free parking in our gorgeous new
GXS Life in Alpharetta
The Alpharetta, GA office of GXS hosts an onsite gym
with showers and is right across the street from a new
shopping center under construction with restaurants and
other amenities. The office hosts lunch carts to make it
easy for employees to buy a quick lunch.
GXS Life in Brookpark
The GXS Brook Park, OH office hosts an onsite recreation
room including Ping Pong/Pool tables, Treadmills and
Exercise Bikes for our employees enjoyment. We offer
free coffee, tea and popcorn for munchies throughout the
day. The office is less than 10 minutes from a Rapid
Transit Station and provides a multitude of
entertainment options within an easy drive including the
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the local Cleveland sports
GXS is a leading B2B integration services provider and
operates the world’s largest integration cloud, GXS
Trading Grid®. We help our customers extend their
partner networks, automate receiving processes, manage
electronic payments and improve supply chain visibility.
Servicing more than 550,000 businesses, including
two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and 22 of the top 25
supply chains, we are valued as the world’s #1 B2B
Integration Services Company and recently named to the
To Learn More:
Req. Code : 2201
Organizational Unit : SDOP
% of Travel Required : 0-20%
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)