Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, performs system development, Operating Systems level scripting and provides support for other departments within the FIS organization. The position must also support client requests in an operational nature which includes custom design and solutions.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Is responsible for development, primarily in the form of utilities, shell scripts and general Operating system support.
- Helps clients design and implement operational procedures and automation utilities.
- Supports internal database deployment tasks and resolves problems as they arise.
- Helps document installation procedures for FIS products to be distributed to clients
- Implements and tests 3rd party system management tools and works on integrating them with FIS Profile, documenting the procedures, and managing the certification process if necessary.
- Participates in client operational audits and documents the findings in standardized reports. If needed manages any follow up work that may result from the work.
- Participates in activities that will advance self and the company, i.e., actively recruits for the company; acts in a manner that is professional and representative of the company.
- Is responsible for proactively documenting all work and work flows; regularly transfers knowledge to peers and supervisors.
- 24x7 support for operating systems and ancillary software
- Educates internal users on software capabilities and use
- Other related duties assigned as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
- Oracle 10/11g installation and database configuration
- 2+ years of experience in system programming in UNIX; S390 experience is a plus.
- Experience programming in C/C++, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of the following platforms is desired: AIX, Linux, Solaris; HP is a plus
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires knowledge of one or more operating systems used by FIS
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of installation methodologies and toolsets as well as networking concepts and protocols
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Must have the ability to be at a computer/computer screen for extensive periods of time.
- Must have the ability to communicate, both orally and written, with other members of team and client.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision; must be proactive in style.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, detail, correctness and deadlines.
- Must have the proven ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must have ability to travel as needed (includes international travel).
- Must have expertise in Microsoft Word or a related software package including Excel
General/Other: Business/Strategic Management
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...