Our client has an immediate opening for a Help Desk Tier I / II technician to provide superior Help Desk/Service Desk technician to provide services to internal users to include the proper identification, classification of IT incidents and Service Desk requests. Receive, resolve, or escalate service requests pertaining to areas such as workstations, system performance degradations as well as system access requests. Correctly refer unresolved incidents to higher service tiers when appropriate.
- Build, configure and deploy new and replacement workstations in a Windows network environment using various tools, techniques and procedures ensuring a high degree of accuracy and timely delivery.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware failures on personal computers; identify and resolve software configuration and security issues on the same.
- Research and resolve personal computer hardware and software problems.
- Procure, configure, troubleshoot and deploy cell phones and PDAs.
- Ensure business operations experience minimal interruptions by coordinating maintenance and repairs for personal computers and peripherals appropriately.
- Contribute to the development of personal computer policies, management procedures and standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of six months of Help Desk and desk-side support experience as a personal computer technician.
- A+ certification is required.
- Working knowledge of Windows server and client configurations in a networked environment using TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge including setup, configuration, and usage of Internet and Intranet tools such as web browsers, e-mail clients, calendaring, telnet, and ftp.
- Understanding of physical and logical network connectivity for personal computer and host environments.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the technologies and systems used by the credit union in particular Active Directory, Windows 7, Lenovo workstations.
- Experience with LANDESK Service Desk and Management software is much preferred.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts practices and processes.
- Unlimited access to a personal vehicle for no-notice use responding to incidents at other facilities.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. 100 feet multiple times daily without assistance.
- A technical degree from an accredited 4 year college is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Systems Support Technician I or II depending upon ex
- Hours: An 8-hour shift between 7:00 and 5:30 PM dependent upon business needs. Systems Support Technicians are deemed Essential Staff and may be required to work during weekends, holidays, routine overtime, inclement weather, and organizational disasters.
Greene Resources - 15 months ago