Navistar International Corporation is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce® brand diesel engines, IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses, Monaco® RV brands of recreational vehicles, and Workhorse® brand chassis for motor homes and step vans. It also is a private-label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van and SUV markets. The company provides truck and diesel engine service parts and also offers financing services through one of its affiliates.
IC Bus, LLC is North America’s largest integrated manufacturer of school buses, IC Bus is a global leader in passenger protection, chassis design, engines and ergonomics. The company is also a producer of commercial buses. All IC Bus™ brand buses are sold, serviced and supported through a renowned dealer network that offers an integrated customer program encompassing parts, training and service. Additional information is available at icbus.com.
To find out more, go to www.navistar.com .
The Navistar IC Bus team is seeking a Senior Maintenance Systems Technician for the night shift (Mon.-Thurs. 4:30pm-2:30am, 5:00pm-3:00am) to join their team!
- Ability to work on hydraulic and pneumatic systems, paint and engine fluid process control systems, roll formers, plasma cutters and resistance and mig welding equipment along with other electro-mechanical equipment.
- Able to breakdown; clean; rebuild, troubleshoot and repair the following types of equipment: pumps, air motors, welders, fluid power systems, gear drives, heavy industrial machinery and controls.
- Daily application of mechanical/electrical aptitude and skills to solve production related problems.
- Rebuild various equipment based on written and oral instruction
- Work with maintenance to resolve open issues
- Diagnose equipment failures at the system and component levels.
- Work with the team leaders to perform schedule maintenance on equipment.
Position Purpose and Requirements:
Performs overall general and preventative maintenance of mechanical and electrical components of production equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of maintenance experience
- Moderate lifting, 15-44 pounds
- Moderate carrying, 15-44 pounds
- Reaching and working above shoulders
- Use of fingers, both hands required
- Depth perception required
Able to walk, stand, crawl, kneel, bend up to 10 hours per day
- Climbing using both legs and arms
- Ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of colors
- Hearing (aid permitted)
- Possess a working knowledge of 480 volt, 277 volt, 240 volt, 208 volt and 120/24 volt systems with the ability to implement these voltages, including routing of all conduit and wires installing breaker panels, disconnects, transformers, lighting, etc. and performing terminations without supervision.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety requirements related to hazardous, flammable and explosive materials and environments.
- Ability to self-manage work priorities.
- Ability to specify the needed parts for equipment or process failures.
- Must have organization skills, effective communication skills with both technical and professional staff
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and offer solutions on all industrial systems.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance
- Ability to work efficiently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to demonstrate overall safe work behavior; including the utilization of proper safety equipment and adhering to safety guidelines.
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization.
- Positive Attitude
- Ethics and Navistar's Values
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Understanding Others
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Future Rides On Us
Navistar, Inc. - 9 months ago
Navistar, Inc., a primary operating subsidiary of Navistar International, manufactures medium- and heavy-duty trucks bearing the...