Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Recent College Graduates encouraged to apply.
This position is part of our Unitary Products Group (UPG) for Johnson Controls, a fortune 100 company. The UPG division is where we design, test and produce heating, ventilation and air conditioning products for the light commercial and residential markets. We have 1000 employees each in our Wichita, KS and Norman, OK plants.
This position involves performing engineering work requiring application of standard or well-defined techniques and procedures while maintaining knowledge of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
1. Designs assigned products and/or parts in a timely and effective manner to ensure quality and cost objectives are met.
2. Collects, analyzes and interprets data, develops engineering computer programs, and designs basic circuits or components.
3. Performs accurate analysis of product performance, making appropriate recommendations as needed improve product reliability.
4. Develops engineering computer programs designed to increase the efficiency of engineering work.
5. Participates as a member of a project team to ensure projects are completed according to schedule.
6. Maintains a current knowledge of all factors and conditions, which may affect engineering work.
7. Provides technical direction and guidance to technicians, drafters, model makers and/or programmers as needed.
8. Participate in definition, development and testing of HVAC electronic components including communicating and non-communicating system and equipment controls.
9. Design, create and execute test plans and procedures to confirm conformance of Systems and Controls products to specifications.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience. Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
A minimum of three years related experience in the HVAC industry. Recent college graduates in engineering encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
Johnson Controls - 2 years ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...