The Clinical Partner II performs phlebotomy, secretarial function, monitor tech function as directed by RN or charge nurse, for full duty assignment.
Clinical Partner II is a staff position responsible for providing basic technical nursing care skills under the direction and supervision of the
Registered Nurse (RN). The CP works in close collaboration with assigned RN to provide safe and quality patient care; is a valued member of the
nursing care team and functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The CP is not an independent practitioner and requires delegation of
functions and oversight of assigned tasks by the RN, for example wound care, discontinuing a saline lock or discontinuing a Foley catheter. The CP
works closely with the RN who should assess competence before assigning a task. When in doubt, no task should be performed unless the CP is
competent and has been signed off on task
- High school diploma or equivalent and meets one of the following:
- Must have CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Hospital or Nursing Home Experience desired
- Phlebotomy experience- a plus
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Florida certification
- RN who has completed an RN curriculum but who for various reasons is not eligible to work as an RN.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
Baptist Hospital of Miami, Baptist Children's Hospital, Baptist Cardiac & Vascular Institute
Feb 4, 2013, 12:00:00 AM
Baptist Health South Florida - 9 months ago