Location: Harborview Elementary School
Full Time Position (1.0 FTE)
Connect with Juneau's youth and make a difference for children in your community!
ANY POSITION ADVERTISED AUGUST 15 TH OR LATER WILL BE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT ONLY.
TEACHING POSITION: Requires Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement (s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ). When appropriate, must be willing and able to test for the NCLB "highly qualified" standard(s).
Position Summary: This certified 2/3 teaching position must support the Tlingit Culture, Literacy and Language (TCLL) vision and program philosophy, which addresses the needs of Alaska Native students through culture and language. This position requires work with other TCLL teachers and families of students.
Minimum Requirements :
Preferred Requirements :
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in education.
- Requires valid Alaska teaching certificate, preferably with an elementary education endorsement.
- Federally highly-qualified or willing to test for, and able to pass, the NCLB "highly qualified" standard(s) for elementary education.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience and education. The Juneau School District offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan, see: http://www.state.ak.us/drb/dcrp/dcrplansummary.pdf .
- Master's degree in education referred. Elementary teaching experience.
- Experience teaching using multi-sensory or promising practices in second language learning.
- Commitment to teaming.
To Apply :
Complete an online application at www.juneauschools.org/hr .