USfalcon recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in the United States, is seeking a TDL/Family of Gateways Technical Manager to work out of Langley AFB, VA.
This position is contingent upon award of contract.
- Final Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, management or other related technical or scientific discipline from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years’ experience working TDL Family of Gateway systems such as Roll On Beyond Line of Sight (ROBE - AN/USQ-175), Joint Air Defense System Integrator (JADSI - AN/TSQ-214), Joint Range Extension (JRE)/ Transparent Multiplatform Gateway (TPMG), Joint Range Extension TPMG Equipment (JTEP - AN/TYQ-123, AN/TYQ 235, and AN/FSQ 225), Air Support Operations Center (ASOC) Gateway, Pocket J - (AN/FSC-134, and AN/FSC¬135), Link 16 gateway for Situational Awareness Data Link (SADL – R/T 1719 and R/T 1720) interface used by air defense sectors, Ground Mobile Gateway (GMG) and Link 16 Alaska (LAK).
- Five (5) years operational experience in operational C2 systems.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a Higher Headquarters (HHQ) (e.g., MAJCOM, NAF, HAF or equivalent) staff officer or equivalent position.
- Three (3) years’ experience working software/hardware configuration control and requirements management for fielded C2 systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of the capabilities, limitations and challenges associated with TDL Gateway Systems.
- Three (3) years’ experience planning for the sustainment, modification, and life cycle support of TDL or complex software intensive communications systems.
- Create/prepare/conduct/deliver/attend complex oral and written decision briefs, reports, position papers, draft messages and other correspondence to HHQ staff.
- Provide personnel to support TDL gateway programs from concept approval through operational field employment, integration into C2 network(s), transition to Program of Record status, transition to sustainment, and continued requirements analysis through end-of-life. This includes analyzing new requirements and interoperable solutions, planning, programming, and integration, but also support to programs initiated before an enterprise approach and/or outside its purview (for example, through congressional mandates and/or JROC direction to realign service responsibilities), and strategies for migrating to a sustainable common solution.
- Analyze C2 requirements and how they affect all mission areas through advanced TDLs/CDLs and interfaces to other C2 systems/networks; document their alignment to Joint and AF doctrine, or needed changes to doctrine based on increased capabilities.
- Analyze concepts and proposed solutions and determine how those solutions affect C2 capabilities for AF, joint, and coalition missions.
- Make recommendations for the fielding and integration of TDL and gateway requirements/solutions to best achieve optimal capabilities architecture (an enterprise approach).
- Examine alternative solutions to satisfy capability needs to include cost benefit analysis and feasibility of potential solutions to satisfy operational requirements.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and support requirements definition and validation, and refinement, through JCIDS processes to include: CBA, FAA/FNA FSA, ICD, MDD, DOTMLPF, DCR, Modification Proposals (AF Form 1067), AoA, CDD, CPD.
- Assist in development of JCIDS documents.
- Support technical and operational community discussions and working groups (such as the Requirements Working Group (RWG)), capture and communicate needs and issues, assist in validating and prioritizing requirements; communicate and summarize recommendations.
- Support design reviews, ITTs, provisioning meetings, etc., and make recommendations.
- Observe and/or participate in on-site evaluations and operational analysis of emerging systems during experiments, tests, and exercises.
- Assist in developing plans for operational employment of gateway systems.
- Assist in transitioning systems from developmental to operational systems.
- Assist in developing capability transition review briefs and support actions required to transition systems to fully fielded programs of record.
- Assist in developing and coordinating on planning and programming documentation, POM justification, briefings, submissions, and in the evaluation of initiatives, disconnects, and offsets.
- Provide technical, analytical, cost, and lifecycle expertise.
- Employ expertise to assist operational users and provide constant liaison between operational users and product centers/program offices.
- Assist in developing plans for sustainment of gateway systems, to include integrated logistics support, maintenance, and training.
- Support configurations control boards and make recommendations.
- Provide oversight in the security, testing, and fielding accreditations.
- Assist with efforts required by Air Force Instructions and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) to gain certification and accreditation in support of System Security Accreditation Authority, Certificate to Operate, Interim Authorities, and Spectrum Certification required for systems associated with TDL Transformation programs.
- Support development of migration strategies for current capabilities towards future architectures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; SECRET, TS, or TS/SCI clearance is required.
USfalcon provides integrated technology solutions to U.S. government clients world-wide in the National Defense, National Security and...