Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology products and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide IT services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, web services, classroom and computer lab technology support, and user support, training and outreach.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Telephony and Operations, the Team Lead, Support Systems leads a highly technical team of IT professionals who provide systems support and maintenance to the central applications and services provided by Tufts Technology Services, including, but not limited to, LANDesk Management Suite, TrendMicro OfficeScan, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, Identity Finder, Adobe Connect video conferencing, standards based H.323, H.264/SIP video conferencing supporting Cisco/Tandberg endpoints, and Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). The position will serve as a technical subject matter expert and will be responsible for researching, identifying, testing and implementing new technologies, standards and processes to increase the efficiency and cost-effective delivery of IT services and provide enhanced IT support capabilities. Key technical responsibilities include application and systems administration, group policy object (GPO) creation and deployment, developing OS image configuration and deployment standards, implementing and supporting desktop virtualization, supporting and advanced troubleshooting of web and video conferencing and video capture technologies, specialized software deployment, and evaluating and recommending other hardware, software, and technology solutions. S/he will also be responsible for providing Tier 3 technical troubleshooting and problem resolution support to the Client Support Services directorate, contributing documentation to the shared knowledge base, and serving as a technical member and resource on various University wide enterprise implementation teams as those projects arise. As Team Lead, this position will direct daily workflow, allocate resources, monitor team productivity, provide high-level technical direction, and ensure that the team completes assigned tasks within committed timeframes and in accordance with TTS policies and standards.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field
* Three plus (3+) years of related experience
* Valid U.S. driver's license
* Expert level technical skills in the configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows (all versions), Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite, email and web clients, Telnet clients, SSH clients, Antivirus software, TCP/IP, and imaging software, as well as experience troubleshooting peripherals (printers, scanners) and handheld devices (mobile, tablets, PDAs).
* Knowledge of desktop security and standards (security/networking) and experience with security applications such as Identity Finder.
* Depth of understanding of desktop/mobile operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, etc.)
* Knowledge of desktop virtualization technology
* Ability to perform and support basic system administration tasks on Linux/Macintosh/Windows platforms and interoperability with mobile devices
* Experience administrating and maintaining enterprise applications, such as LANDesk Management Suite, Microsoft WSUS, McAfee Endpoint Encryption and OfficeScan.
* Experience implementing and providing solutions, such as GPO development and deployment, OS image configuration and deployment standards.
* Familiarity with ITIL standards and processes
* Experience supporting and advanced troubleshooting of video conferencing technologies including H.323, H.264, H.221 with a variety of endpoints both software based (e.g. Movi) and hardware based (Cisco/Tandberg/Polycom)
* Experience in integrating diverse video collaboration technologies into seamless experience for participants (e.g., integrating Adobe Connect with on-campus H.264 conferencing devices)
* Experience with video capture, transcoding, compression and archiving technologies, capturing video conferencing sessions and making them available for viewing in a variety of formats through digital libraries and archives
* Demonstrated ability to supervise and build relationships with individuals at all levels within an organization.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully launch and deliver projects and manage Tier 3 technical support services.
* Experience leading a team and defining processes and standards to deliver stable IT technical services.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate technology plans and strategy. Ability to translate complex technical instructions and requirements into easily understood steps for junior staff and others.
* Proven expert-level skills including rapid response time, timely problem resolution, and appropriate executive-level, end-user and community-based follow-up communications.
* Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, organize workflow, prioritize tasks and manage a changing workload individually and across a team.
* Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual situations. Ability to maintain a calm and diplomatic communication style while conveying the urgency of an escalated situation.
* Ability to effectively coach, guide, and mentor technical staff.
* Ability to travel between all three campuses as needed (Medford/Somerville, Boston, Grafton).
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
* Experience working within a higher education IT environment.
* MSCE, A+, CCNA or other industry standard certifications.
* Experience with lecture capture and video conferencing technologies within classrooms and teaching/learning experiences a definite plus.
* SIP protocol in both VoIP and Video applications
* Experience providing support and basic maintenance operation of virtual desktop infrastructure, with thin applications and complete virtual desktop delivery
* Experience with Citrix's XEN virtual desktop environment a definite plus
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
* May be required to work additional hours when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations that require additional time to troubleshoot and resolve.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- 2 years ago - save job