This position exists to facilitate the coordination of activities related to acquisition, requisition, inventory, management, dispensing cabinet configuration standardization, projects and issue drugs. The incumbent also does follow-up on availability and delivery of products. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires Indiana State Board of Pharmacy Technician Certificate or training permit or receipt of application from the Indiana State Board of Pharmacy or active Intern/Extern License issued by the Indiana State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must pass a pre-employment math test (drug calculations) and a core math test aftermonths.
- Prefer minimum of 2-years experience or a State Board approved pharmacy technician training.
- Requires knowledge of perpetual inventory systems.
- Requires working knowledge of Pyxis and AcuDose drug-dispensing machines and be able to troubleshoot issues with machines.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general knowledge of commercial and/or generic names of items processed in order to fill requisitions.
- Requires strong follow through and organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Requires knowledge of stock locations and numbers and product identification numbers.
- Requires an understanding of applicable legal considerations.
- Requires skill in using a computer for application.
- Requires general knowledge of medical terminology.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 23 months ago