Frontier Semiconductor (FSM), a metrology tool manufacturer based in U.S., is looking for a competent technical sales manager to build sales network in US to do outside and direct sales and account management. Major customers are in semiconductor, LED, solar, data storage, and other high-tech industries.
An ideal technical sales manager should combine technical knowledge with sales skills. The candidate will be responsible from prospecting to closing, as well as post-sales support. The candidate will have the level of technical knowledge needed to sell products and services and respond effectively to clients’ queries. Clients are usually technical staff from engineering or R&D organizations, such as semiconductor fabs, universities and national labs.
To ensure clients’ and their own company's needs are met, this technical sales manager will liaise regularly with other members of the overseas sales team and US colleagues as well as from a range of departments, such as research, development, design, purchasing, production, and quality, as well as senior company managers.
Typical work activities:
- Searching for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximizing customer potential in designated regions;
- Traveling to visit potential clients;
- Developing and growing long-term relationships with customers;
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements - speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs;
- Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- Calculating client quotations;
- Negotiating tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs;
- Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions;
- Offering after-sales support services;
- Administering client accounts;
- Analyzing costs and sales;
- Preparing reports for head office;
- Meeting regular sales targets;
- Recording and maintaining client contact data;
- Coordinating sales projects;
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events;
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs;
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education;
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts;
- Solving client problems;
- Helping in the design of custom-made products;
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
Technical Qualification Background:
- Knowledge of optical metrology application in TSV and stress tools, local stress and backend packaging, background in semiconductor process / MBA/ physics;
- Ability to understand testing data and able to explain variances to customers;
- Understands industry trends and has the ability to perform competitive analysis on products specs with market and cost of ownership;
- 5+ Years hands-on experience in technical sales in semiconductor, LED, solar, data storage or other high-tech industries;
- Preferably have contacts in IDM’s and OEM’s;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English;
- Well organized and creative;
- Product Manager experience is a plus.