The Technical Service Support Manager manages technical field staff, providing guidance and organizational structure to internal technical staff and work as part of company's in-house support team.
· Achieves technical services operational objectives by managing up to 20 remote technicians while contributing and recommending strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; implementing changes.
· Meets daily departmental requirements which include:
Support incoming technical calls
Address vendor/supplier technical issues and engineering
Assist and manage Project Team Install leads
Assist technicians and provide support in day to day activities
Interface with Parts department for technical department needs
May require travel on occasion to support technical team
· Accomplishes technical services human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Meets technical services financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. In-house machine shop will be managed by this individual. Shop consists of two CNC machines as well as full operational shop.
· Maintains & updates information system by coordinating staff & customers for installations, service calls, and documentation and follow-up procedures. Candidate must have excellent communication skills.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Technical Degree (preferably mechanical), Strong Technical Background in Packaging Equipment, Technical Management, Developing Standards, Developing Budgets, Supervision, Technical Understanding, Planning, Problem Solving, Project Management Skills; Self Starter, Flexibility, Multitask
If you are interested in applying for this position,
please send your resume to:
Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC
175 John Quincy Adams Road
Taunton, MA 02780
Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC - 9 months ago