Under the direction of a radiologist and the administrative director and with the supervision of a department manager, performs diagnostic radiographic procedures for radiological diagnosis. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Basic Life Support certification required. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires knowledge of RIS for training and problem resolution.
- Requires knowledge of PACs for training and problem resolution.
- Requires working knowledge of anatomy; physiology; physics; chemistry; nursing practices and Radiology Technology.
- Requires training in GI fluoroscopic and tube manipulation procedures and techniques by a radiologist.
- Requires thorough familiarity with equipment and supply items used to visualize; manipulate and record fluoroscopic procedures.
- Requires knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Requires knowledge of principles of radiographic technique and production.
- Requires ability to understand and adhere to exam protocols and guidelines.
- Requires ability to operate complex instruments and equipment.
- Requires independent judgment.
- Requires the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and developmental level of the patients served.
- Requires ability to maneuver equipment and improvise positions when the condition of the patient does not permit routine positioning.
- Requires certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and the State of Indiana Certification for Diagnostic X-ray Machine Operators as required by the State of Indiana.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 12 months ago