Responsible for performing a variety of repair and maintenance tasks requiring a high degree of accuracy and precision to contribute to the up-keeping of generating electrical power. Also responsible for providing operational support as needed or assigned.
Essential Job Functions
1) Maintain, trouble shoot, repair and upgrade auxiliary equipment and manufacture new parts for equipment.
2) Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors.
3) Maintain, repair and upgrade hydraulic systems of machinery and equipment.
4) Rig equipment, align drivers to pumps and fans, remanufacture parts, trouble shoot equipment failures.
5) Perform facility and equipment area checks looking for safety hazards and record daily preventative maintenance inspections.
6) Service equipment involved in the production of electricity such as, applying lubricating oil to machines.
7) Clean equipment to assure proper operation, alignment and tolerances of moving parts. Maintain cleanliness of all plant areas.
8) Perform monthly safety inspections at Garland Power and Light plants and review production safety policies to assure current compliance with industry standards.
9) Confer with supervisory and engineering personnel to resolve maintenance problems.
10) Train on unit operations to be able to fill in for Auxiliary Operator as needed.
11) Act as backup for Team Leads.
12) May train and guide less experienced EI&C technicians, mechanics and operators.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3-5 years experience with Power or Industrial Plant Maintenance
Licenses & Certifications
- Experience or training as Code Welder, Master Rigger, Millwright, Pipe Fitter, Fabricator
- Considerable knowledge of Mainsaver software
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and project software
May require Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent performs majority of work outside; frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards with exposure to risk.
May be assigned to any schedule, any number of hours or shifts including rotating shifts. This position requires random drug testing. This position requires annual security clearance. Willing to maintain and answer a phone 24-7
Minimum Education & Work Experience
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
3 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
City of Garland - 2 years ago