Responsible for inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, servicing, repairing, calibrating, and installing pneumatic controls and/or electric control instruments.
Essential Job Functions
Troubleshoot control systems/equipment involved in the production of electricity, and facilities.
Evaluate historical and real-time data trends to identify immediate and potential control problems.
Inspect, adjust and service a variety of control systems and mechanical parts of electrical machinery utilized in an electrical power station.
Perform installation and repairs to a wide variety of plant control and plant instrumentation and perform calibration as required.
Monitor the CEMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems), including repairs.
Perform routine calibrations, calibration audits and maintain a record of maintenance for the CMS equipment.
Communicate with external contacts/vendor for repair or replacement parts, and maintenance contractors concerning electrical and instrument control systems.
Perform Preventative Maintenance on complex systems and equipment, requiring state of the art techniques & testing procedures.
May train and guide less experienced EI&C technicians.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- One year of advanced study or training in the methods, tools and materials of the Electrical/Instrument trade or related field of study
- 5-7 years experience with power plant standard practices and working with computer equipment in recognizing and troubleshooting faulty equipment
- Considerable knowledge of Mainsaver software
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and project software
- Interpersonal skills to work with others in the production of generating electrical power
- Skill in PLC Troubleshooting & Programming
- Ability to train in and supplement the Operation Dept
- Ability to answer a phone 24-7
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license or ability to achieve a Texas Driver’s license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a power plant environment; frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Majority of work performed outside or with exposure to risk.
May be assigned to any schedule, any number of hours or shifts including rotating shifts. This position requires random drug testing. This position requires annual security clearance. Willing to maintain and answer a phone 24-7
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Six months to one year of advanced study or training in the Electrical/Instrument trade
5 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education, knowledge and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.