Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Reporting to the Regional Business Leader, the Territory Manager is responsible for achieving a sales quota through the selling of I-Flow LLC products and product solutions within assigned facilities/departments in a defined territory.
Roles and Responsibilities (fundamental job duties):
• Achieve sales goals set by Regional Business Leader and Senior Management.
• Demonstrate Sales KPI’s (3x3x3) every day
o Three presentations in three different departments within three different hospitals (detail under separate cover)
• Have an in-depth knowledge of I-Flow products, services, and sells on the basis of product and service expertise (Technical Knowledge).
• Thoroughly understand and demonstrate effective use of all approved clinical data/studies and key placement guides
• Understand market trends and analyze customer buying patterns (Market Awareness), including strong understanding of hospital organizational dynamics
• Acquire and maintain current knowledge of competitor’s position in marketplace
• Maintain current, expert knowledge of regulatory environment and its governance of use of I-Flow products
• Understand impact of regulatory impact on customer decision-making, including HCAHP scores
• Provide vital and timely feedback to I-Flow LLC on customer, product, and quality information and works within the Quality and Regulatory critical timelines for response.
• Takes full responsibility for the obtaining from manager and being up to date
o Field Follow-up Report: development goals, objectives, and action items
o Corporate compliance especially around expense management
o Healthcare Compliance
o Quality and Regulatory rules and guidelines that apply to customer complaints
o Standard rules and training around the code of conduct for all KC employees
o Necessary hospital credentialing that may be required for access
• Develop and maintain relationships with key physicians, nurses, clinicians, department decision makers and/or administrators (multiple decision makers and influencers) within assigned accounts or markets.
• Actively participate in the strategic and tactical planning process with Regional Business Leader and Peers
• Effective utilization of company resources necessary to meet objectives, including full understanding of reporting and analytics provided by company
• Observe and report market trends which influence sales, service and product development
• Identify, plan, execute in-services, speaker programs, and other educational customer dinners for high potential accounts to maximize sales.
• Exercise control and good judgment of operational expenses (gas, office supplies, telephone, shipping, lodging, meals, and entertainment).
• Complete Territory Business Plan – January/updated monthly
• Reports to: Regional Business Leader
• Customers & prospects including Surgeons, Nurses, Anesthesiologists, Residents, Physician’s Assistants, O.R. Technicians, Materials Managers, Procurement Directors, Pharmacy, and Hospital Administration including the CFO and CEO
• Inside Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, Sales Operations/Analytics, Human Resources, Leadership Development and Sales Training, members of K-C health care and other K-C divisions.
Education: College Degree required. Post Graduate training (ex. MBA) highly desirable.
Experience: Five years of successful Medical Sales Management required. Will consider candidates currently in an individual contributor role with current and past field training or team leader responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to travel extensively (50 – 80% per week on average)
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the...