Syn-Tech Systems, an electronics development firm with excellent benefits currently has an opportunity for a strongly motivated, methodical, and detail-oriented Test Engineer. As a Test Engineer at Syn-Tech, you will be a part of a team that ensures the quality and stability of our fuel accounting and fuel management software and our micro controller-based fuel control and accounting equipment. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong work ethic, and the ability to plan and execute their own work.
- Plan, design, develop, and execute test plans and procedures for new and existing products and features.
- Work with other development teams during the entire product life cycle to ensure that products are designed to include complete diagnosis, testability, and maintainability features.
- Provide assistance in Beta level support.
- Work with development teams to create unit, module, and system test plans and, where possible, test scaffolding & code.
- Develop product documentation.
- Providing input to the Training Manager on new products, upgrades, etc
- Provide training/information to Product Support & Field Service personnel on new or updated products.
- Demo new or updated products, features, functions, installations, operations and diagnostics.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or comparable fields required.
- MSin the same fields desirable. Comparable experience will be considered.
2 or more years of testing experience in addition to education highly desirable.
Knowledge of test strategies and methods highly desirable.
Experience in one or more of the following areas desirable; Windows and Windows CE-based application testing, embedded systems testing on a Linux platform, or mobile applications testing.
Experience in test automation is a plus.
Must be able to clearly communicate information and issues to team members and stakeholder, both verbally and in writing.
Must be capable of developing a good rapport with developers and other team members.