The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: TH Instructional Support Assistant
Budget Title: same as above
State Professional Position
State Line#: 14149
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: AS Degree with one year administrative experience in a health care environment. In lieu of degree, minimum of four years administrative experience in a health care environment.
Preferred Qualifications: Hospital Admitting/Registration experience, Bed Control Management, knowledge of electronic bed board system and a familiarity of SMS computerized registration system.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Bed Control-assigns patient beds and finalizes transfers to various communication centers using the electronic bed board system called Pre-Admit Tracking. Provide hospital wide requestors with real time status, patient information and room availability.
- Interview emergency room patients through bedside registration process to obtain demographic and financial information.
- Secures patient consents necessary for treatment and payment. Determines cop-pays and deductibles during the registration revision process utilizing the Health Care Data Exchange System.
- Interact with Bed Coordinator, hospital administrators and transfer center regarding complex decisions for patient placement in high census.
- Reconciles daily SMS census with electronic bed board and provides daily admission, transfer and discharge reports.
- Assist with training of new employees.
Special Notes: Shift: Days 7am-3pm every weekend . All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
*Change in shift
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 20 months ago