The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: TH Instructional Support Assistant (Per-Diem)
Budget Title: same as above
State Professional Position
Department: EP Lab
State Line#: 11001
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Associates degree, in lieu of degree a High School Diploma with a minimum of two years healthcare experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Cardiology Department expedience
Brief Description of Duties:
- Performs duties related to the efficient daily operation and manage the clerical transactions that are directly related to the Electrophysiology department.
- Gather, compile and prepare data from manual and automated systems and report them to the appropriate area, finance, administration etc.
- Coordinate physician's schedules along with patients for procedures as well as, troubleshoot any issues that arise from this task.
- Obtain necessary information form patients and physicians related to procedures and exams, orders, authorizations, lab work, previous imaging and reports.
- Prepare informational packages for all area of the department and communicate to all sections the informational materials needed for exams.
- Purge all files on a daily basis and maintain current information and files in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Greet patients and answer telephones in assigned area and assist the caller and direct call as appropriate.
- Arrange the clinical support in areas of exams that are specialized in procedures as assigned.
- Attend all mandatory training and participate in all hospital plan initiatives. Participate in patient satisfaction initiatives and initiate plans for performance.
Special Notes: Shift: Per-Diem position . Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 10 months ago