The best ideas in medicine start with the best people.At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: TH Physician Assistant II
Budget Title: same as above
State Professional Position
Department: Medical Administration
State Line#: 15971
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant in NY State. One year's experience inpatient Medicine/Telemetry.
Preferred Qualifications: Three years in patient Acute Care or Adult Health Physician Assistant experience.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessment of acute medical patients/families with real or potential acute and/or health problems which may include the psychosocial, cognitive and personal assets and limitations of the patient/family, with an emphasis on wellness.
- Establishes medical diagnoses; orders and evaluates diagnostic studies; prescribes and regulates medications, performs and monitors therapeutic procedures; assesses and/or manges follow up plans within the protocols and practice privileges approved by the Supervising Physician and consent with established policies and procedures.
- Records and documents health appraisal data necessary to maintain, coordinate and/or expedite required services.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Physician collaborator relative to select aspects of patient care or administrative issues.
- Acts as a resource and consultant to health care staff.
- Develops, conducts and evaluates formal and/or informal continuing education.
- Participates in the development and revision of nursing standards of care.
- Participates in Medical and Administrative committees.
- Maintains and enhances a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice, as well as, continuing education requirements necessary for licensure and certification. Attends educational conferences.
- Participates in the research process by contributing ideas, collecting data, sharing knowledge and applying new finding to practice.
- Participates in the development and review of outcome data to measure the quality of patient care.
- Other duties as assigned by the Medicine services.
Special Notes: Full-time day position. Please note Stony Brook University Medical Center is a smoke free environment. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook University's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 23 months ago