The Office of Staff Resources’ (OSR)/CityTime Administration Unit is seeking an Administrative Staff Analyst NM with superior supervisory, analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking abilities to act as the Timekeeping Operations Deputy Director. Reporting to the Director of timekeeping with wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment, the Deputy Director will perform professional work in the areas listed below:
• Provide leadership and manage the day-to-day operational activities of 5 Timekeeping
Supervisors and their units including assignment and review of tasks.
• Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated timekeeping projects.
• Oversee the quality and output of work.
• Conduct ongoing operational assessments to identify deficiencies, implement corrective
actions, maintain productivity, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
• Manage and control the implementation of new initiatives and work processes and
analyze the as-is business process of Timekeeper Supervisors and Timekeepers and
make recommendations for improvements.
• Review and analyze statistical data and periodic activity reports to ensure operational
goals and objectives are achieved.
• Develop documents that provide step-by-step instructions for timekeeping procedures
• Work closely with the Office of Payroll Administration (OPA) and CityTime Administration,
and liaise with other CityTime-user agencies to ensure that Timekeepers are adequately
informed and trained on the latest system upgrades and Timekeeping processes.
• Assist the Customer Service Unit in responding to employee inquiries regarding complex
• Maintain constant communication and work in collaboration with Payroll department
when implementing solutions to day to day issues and project activities.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area. 18 months of this experience must have been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of professional experience in the areas described in "1" above, including the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience, as described in "1" above.
• Strong supervisory, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to create and promote a cooperative work environment and to work effectively with a
wide range of individuals in a diverse work environment.
• Ability to define and implement efficient operational processes and policies.
• Experience analyzing the impact of operational change efforts.
• Proficiency in CityTime, the Payroll Management System (PMS), City Human Resource
Management System (CHRMS), Reports Management Distribution System (RMDS).
• Strong Timekeeping and Payroll processing knowledge.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
Click "Apply Now Button".
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 15 months ago