The A&P Lead Mechanic is a mechanic who is a working member of his crew, who is charged with the responsibility of leading, directing, assigning and approving the work of the other members of his/her crew. Lead Mechanics are selected for their technical skills with due consideration for their ability to lead people and accept responsibility.
JOB DUTIES:ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure that all aircraft parts/components removed from an aircraft in work, that are to be routed to the applicable shops, are documented by a valid service and operation number and that the work scope is properly identified.
2. Ensure that proper FAA approved technical data is used and available to the crew, either at Technical Services or supplied by the aircraft owner/operator
3. Assign work to the crew directly under her/him, assigning "the right individual to the right job" for maximum utilization of their skills.
4. Be responsible for her/his own work and the work of her/his assigned crew, to include normal climbing/walking, bending, standing, normal use of ladders, stairs and platforms.
5. Be responsible for the proper work execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts. He/she will also be responsible to assure that all serviceable tags are installed on components and properly annotated.
6. Assure that her/her crew performs top quality work and monitors the work performed by the individuals and crew.
7. Insure her/his crew members are qualified and that they use proper procedures, manual references, and proper tools in accomplishing their assigned task. Perform the job training, as required and determine any additional training needs.
8. Take attendance at the beginning of her/his shift of assigned crew and report attendance in accordance with payroll procedures.
9. Insure accurate and complete turnover and to schedule work for her/his assigned crew members.
10. Provide estimates for all maintenance on non-preplanned documents (i.e., non-routines, etc.) within her/his area of responsibility in a timely manner.
11. Assist the Manager in preparing performance evaluations of his/her crew members.
12. Obtain customer approval on original, additional and/or revised estimates to accomplish maintenance on the customers' aircraft and components.
13. Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
14. Ensure all safety programs and procedures are carried out during the assigned shift.
15. Ensure proper material orders, amounts and usage as well as cancel orders when an alternate repair has been found.
16. Resolve employee problems and complaints by working with appropriate management staff and being receptive to the employee.
1. Two (2) plus years experience performing as an accomplished aircraft mechanic on heavy commercial aircraft, or previously demonstrated ability within TIMCO.
2. Capable of interpreting drawings and blueprints to accomplish a specific task.
3. A/P, A or P License or Repairman's Certification required for assignments to FAR regulated programs.
4. Must have good general knowledge of flight controls, rigging, aircraft systems, landing gear, engines, and hydraulics.
5. Must understand and follow maintenance manuals and IPC.
6. Read, write and understand the English Language.
7. Must have own tools as required by company tool list.
8. Must have the ability to lead people and accept responsibility.
9. Read, write and understand the English language.
10. High school diploma or equivalent.
Timco Aviation - 2 years ago