Minimum Required Skills / Competencies:
- Delivers complex business solutions
- Creates and implement strategic vision for program success
- Manages all aspects of large and complex projects throughout the infrastructure and software development project lifecycles including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change.
- Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the lifecycle
- Develops detailed project schedules, resource plans, status reports, budget forecasts and influences the effectiveness of a team that integrates multiple functions/disciplines.
- Conducts project meetings, sets and manages client expectations by solving complex issues and changes when appropriate exercising complex Risk, Issue and Change Management best practices.
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project, including end user, services organizations, vendors and implementations partners.
- Reviews project deliverables for accuracy and apprises management of issues effecting project status and offers solution to solve the issues.
- Ensures satisfactory transfer of custody and control of product upon completion (handoff) and close all project documentation and archive appropriate records
Education & Experience:
- Sound understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Need excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Quick recall of multiple work streams.
- Calming demeanor in difficult circumstances.
- Ability to motivate project teams to build team morale and group commitment to project goals and deliverables.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, and multi-task across several project assignments.
- Ability to manage, control and report on project budget. Implement corrective action as needed to control budget.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with all levels of staff and management as required to coordinate project deliverables, deliver status reports, and facilitate meetings.
- MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Visio, Outlook)
- 8-10 years of Project Management experience using structured methodology required.
- Experience working with multiple vendors within tight timelines.
- Past experience understanding and communicating multiple work stream schedules.
- Prior cross-functional team management experience required.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering solutions and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience managing geographically diverse teams and/or teams in a matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university or equivalent work experience required.
- Wireless and/or Telecommunications industry experience required.
- Project Management Certifications required