Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
We have an opportunity for a Training Manager to work with this highly flexible workforce at the Cedar Springs, Georgia paper manufacturing facility. This role has responsibility to consult with the mill leadership team on organizational development issues/opportunities and recommend and implement interventions. The Training Manager will develop and provide information and advice to employees at all levels regarding organizational development and training issues. The successful candidate will focus on the operational work design and improving productivity through operator knowledge/skill improvement.
- Provide leadership through effective utilization of Koch’s Market Based Management (MBM®) and the MBM® Framework
- Lead and develop employees utilizing the MBM® Guiding Principles and Operations Excellence tools to improve capability and performance
- Based on continuous assessment of needs and awareness of latest trends in OD and training, recommend improvement opportunities to leadership
- Coordinate training activities for mill of 500+ employees.
- Lead completion and management of change for Competency-Based Learning – Employee Skill Improvement (ESI) Certification Process
- Ensure all training programs comply with all applicable laws, regulations, safety and company policies
- Provide coaching and provide assistance in development and execution of the mill’s 5-Year Strategic Plan
- Maintain high standards of quality and reliability to ensure customer satisfaction
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, industrial psychology, psychology, business management, or human resources preferred.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- At least 3 years of training and development, work with high-performance work teams, work redesign, etc
- Able to demonstrate operational results showing year-over-year improvement
- Demonstrated leadership showing the ability to affect operational change and improvement
- Prior training, supervision or leadership experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively teach, coach and mentor people
- Economic thinking skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Collaborate enthusiastically with others
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills; utilize constructive challenge to drive to the optimum solution
Georgia-Pacific - 16 months ago