JOB ID 64774 - SPECIAL EDUCATION (MONTGOMERY COUNTY)
In accordance with the special education needs of the populations served by each Kennedy Krieger School, this staff member will monitor compliance with transition-related COMAR Regulations, and will coordinate transitions for a varied population of students in a private separate day school for students with disabilities.
1. Provide support to the ACT office to insure compliance with all federal and state regulations related to the development and implementation of student transition plans.
2. Maintain documentation of all contacts with parents/guardians, agency representatives, administration and colleagues regarding student progress and concerns as needed.
3. Serve as liaison with State and Local Education Agencies, as well as adult and community service provider agencies. Work with team to facilitate student and parent visits to agencies.
4. Collaborate with Work Based Learning Coordinator to identify WBL partners in the community, coordinate student placement at those sites, and ensure that classroom instruction and training matches job site skill requirements.
5. Assemble new student records and assist in the coordination of student records, including all aspects of transition planning records and documentation (i.e., transition plans, IEP goals, exit documents, etc,)
6. Facilitate IEP Team Meetings.
7. Facilitate transitions primarily to post-school placements for graduating students and/or transition-aged exiting students.
8. Facilitate the communication of new student data and changes in student status to the business office.
9. Coordinate the completion and timely submission of all transition related sections of the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), to include a detailed transition plan with specific goals and/or objectives.
10. Responsible for awareness of and connection to adult and community service provision options in the LEAs served by Kennedy Krieger School.
11. Coordinate communication with education and clinical staff regarding all transition-related issues pertaining to students.
12. Participate in and contribute to in-services in a professional and collegial manner.
13. Work with ACT Manager and Director to develop mechanism for gathering and analysis of longitudinal data from students who exit Kennedy Krieger School programs.
Bachelors Degree in Special Education or appropriate content area is required.
Minimum of two years experience in position-related field is required. Specific experience with transition planning and adult services is preferred.
Kennedy Krieger Institute - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard