Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
The TRICARE Education Specialist is responsible for beneficiary and Military Treatment Facility (MTF) staff education activities and the 40 person-hour customer service support requirement in the assigned market. The Education Specialist schedules, coordinates and delivers required education and briefing activities with question/answer sessions in large and small group settings; coordinates and staffs information tables and booths at various events; and provides customer service support to beneficiaries in the TRICARE Service Center (TSC). The Education Specialist keeps up-to-date on MTF Commander initiatives and TRICARE program changes to ensure briefing content is current and complete. The Education Specialist works out of the TSC and may report to a TSC Administrator or Market Manager. The Education Specialist may also participate on or lead a Service Assist Team (SAT) providing mobile customer service support and provide briefings at congressional district offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules and conducts events supporting TRICARE Operations Manual (TOM)-required briefings and T3 customer service support requirements in the assigned market. Interacts with service members of all ranks, categories and pay grades.
- Works with MTF Commanders to create and modify customer support training program materials and briefing presentations to reflect specific MTF needs.
- Maintains event attendance records, compiles and submits required reports, and maintains appropriate educational and briefing materials to support required events.
- Performs other TSC and SAT customer service support functions as assigned.
- Interfaces, coordinates and maintains calendar and schedules of required events with military customers in the assigned Market.
- Works with community organizations by staffing requested health events, giving presentations, and representing the company to the community.
- May visit congressional district offices to give briefings to office staff and member of congress.
- May perform job duties from various locations within the market area.
- May travel with short notice, for a short term stay of one to four weeks to perform duties at an alternate work location.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree in a health related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum three years experience with beneficiary or provider education or member services and support
- Minimum three years experience working for a Managed Care Support Contractor (MCSC)
- Minimum two years experience in a position requiring delivery of presentations in both small and large group settings
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
- Thorough in-depth knowledge of the TRICARE program, benefit structure and Military Health System
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct presentations and question/answer sessions with both large and small groups of beneficiaries and health care professionals
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and independently without prompting from supervisors
- Ability to perform customer service support for walk-in beneficiaries to the TSC to include assistance with enrollment questions and application processing and TRICARE benefit and related questions and inquiries
- Must have valid driver's license, reliable personal transportation and ability to travel and work occasional evenings, weekends and overnight stays at remote locations supporting briefings and customer service support events for SAT deployments and Guard and Reserve.
- Must have reliable personal transportation; able to travel to and work from various TRICARE Service Centers within assigned market area
- Able to travel to occasional assignments requiring overnight stays of one to four weeks at alternate work locations within or outside of assigned market area
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%; and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
- Interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Moderate phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Significant travelmay be required between work sites and/or out of area.
- Moderate lifting may be required.
May need to lift, carry and/or move equipment/supplies weighing up to
35 pounds, always using safe lifting techniques.
- Constant amount of time spent working in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
- Moderate walking/standing may be required. Walking and/or transporting supplies and equipment between buildings/parking lots and structures may be required.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.