Mohawk Industries has been a trusted name in carpets for more than 130 years and is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Columbia, Century, Dal-Tile, American Olean and Quick-Step. Mohawk's unique merchandising and marketing assist our customers in creating the consumers' dream. Mohawk provides a premium level of service with its own trucking fleet and more than 250 local distribution locations.
A Yard Driver/Traffic Clerk will move trailers safely and efficiently to desired locations on Mohawk Industries company property. Trailers may be empty or contain product. Receives instructions from warehouse or transportation personnel. In addition to moving trailers, driver will also be tasked with light clerical duties during his/her shift.
- Perform all required pre-operational and post-operational inspections on equipment to be operated.
- Adhere to all safety requirements outlined in JSA.
- Communicate with transportation or warehouse personnel in order to receive assignments.
- Refuel tractors as needed.
- Engage / Disengage tractors to and from trailers.
- Complete any necessary logs or paperwork
- Assist in office for a period of time during shift with light clerical duties.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL.
- Must be at least 23 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months verifiable commercial driving experience (with a semi-tractor & trailer).
- Must be able to pass a DOT pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a skills test (driving test).
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. In addition, must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs, unassisted, several times throughout the workday.
- Must be able to maneuver heavy product (100-700 lbs.) repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Must be lift truck certified through Mohawk Industries.
- Must be willing and able to work any hours or shifts deemed necessary by management.
- Must have ability to operate Intermec equipment.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures on a frequent basis.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
- Should be familiar with the region in general and the route specifically.
Mohawk Industries - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the...