Duties & Responsibilities: Under the general direction of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, performs routine accounting and clerical duties associated with the account payable functions for the agency. Uses initiative and sound judgment in order to analyze information and determine an appropriate course of action, such as:
1. Compiles and maintains accounts payable records and files which include processing payments and posting to appropriate general ledger accounts and chart fields.
2. Reviews source documents for accuracy, validity, and adherence to standards and policies. Investigates discrepancies and takes necessary corrective actions.
3. Responds to inquiries to resolve routine accounts payable problems.
4. Compiles data used in the preparation of financial reports and/or analysis.
5. Composes correspondence regarding accounts payable matters and other accounting matters, as needed.
6. Provides good customer service and builds rapport with employees and vendors by providing courteous and friendly customer service.
7. Monitors and reviews the Vendor Data Records and takes appropriate action when discrepancies are found.
8. Reviews payment requests and invoices prior to vouchering for accuracy and ensures adherence to payment terms, conditions, and purchase order limits. Reviews for correct General Ledger account. Reports any payment on sensitive equipment and Capital Asset to Property.
9. Assists in other areas of the accounting department as directed and performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field with two standard accounting courses
One year of experience at the Financial Ops Generalist working level
Two years of experience in accounting/financial environment
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Additional minimum requirements: Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of, financial record-keeping methods, procedures, and practices; experienced with general office procedures; proficient in Word and Excel; and experienced with technology, systems, and software packages. Ability to communicate, in writing and orally, in a professional and effective manner. Detail oriented and accurate, able to work independently, skilled at prioritizing tasks appropriately, and excellent customer service skills.
Preference for those who are highly skilled with Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Excel, and Word; have working knowledge of People Soft Financial Systems Accounts Payable module. Have experience with state accounting.
Exam & Evaluation Information: Excel and Word given on site to those who are selected for an in person interview
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...