Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Operates a level loop, patterned loop, cut pile or enhanced graphics tufting machine.
Major Functions and Scope:
Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function or responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
Performs any combination or all of the following duties:
- Operates tufting machine (Ex. Threading and/or replacing needles, replace cutting blades, align cutting blade block, hook replacement).
- Repairs yarn breaks in creels and beams with splicer
- Conducts machine set up checks (production checklist, “deck board” and backing verification).
- Compares tufted carpet to griege standard and side/center/side match.
- Performs quality inspection during production runs, mends voids in carpets as required.
- Changes backing as required.
- Doffs off carpet rolls as required.
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and proactively identifies unsafe working, building, and other environmental conditions to management and/or appropriate department for resolution.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipments, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school graduate or GED equivalency preferred.
Prior experience in operating tufting machine equipment preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Reads and writes in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
Successful completion of all on the job training.
Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- Ability to communicate in standard English to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Ability to perform specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision.
Not applicable to this position
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to walk long distances, climb on ladders, and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required. Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. Work environment is a noisy, high traffic production floor. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays. Willing to work in all types of
- 2 years ago - save job
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the...