Looking for a dynamic anchor/reporter with strong communication skills both at the desk and the ability to report/anchor from the field. The successful candidate will have the skill and knowledge to conduct in-depth interviews (live and taped), and be able to execute compelling storytelling on multiple-platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to easily adapt and lead in the changing media landscape. This position will anchor and report news for KSL Television news for assigned newscasts as well as any special reports including bulletins, documentaries, series and investigative reports.
1. To timely, accurately and fairly conceptualize stories for Television presentation. This may include writing; producing and stand-up reporting stories for either tape/audio or live camera.
2. Willing and able to cover any story assigned -- organize, write, edit and anchor strong news feature stories within deadlines and to meet newscast time constraints.
3. Enunciate clearly and exhibit the ability to interpret and read copy fluently. Organize and perform work-assuring follow-through while functioning as a member of the KSL Television News Team.
4. Meet "on-call" requirements -- work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
5. Act in a professional and courteous way and dress appropriately for the event being covered.
6. Maintain a professional and helpful attitude towards other staff members at all times.
7. Valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
8. Actively help keep KSL on the competitive edge by contributing creative ideas on show development, format execution, etc. and effectively implement constructive feedback.
9. Attend evaluation sessions and staff meetings as required.
10. Fill in for other anchor/reporter as assigned.
11. Reflect company values and maintain desired KSL image to listeners while on-air and during personal appearances.
12. Maintain confidentiality in regard to personnel matters, wage and salary, company strategies, and other sensitive matters in communicating with listeners, co-workers and the media.
13. Able to manage stress effectively.
14. Develop and maintain professional journalistic capabilities in order to make full use of the tools and opportunities provided by the station and to expand personal contribution to the company.
15. Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
16. Work effectively in a team environment.
17. Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
18. Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, old shifts, etc.
19. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
20. Personal growth and development.
21. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to create and maintain ratings performance, job stability and leadership within the community;
- College degree in journalism, communications, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years commercial broadcast journalism anchoring and reporting experience, or equivalent. Proven record of anchor/reporter success should include the following:
Being well-read, knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs;
Ability to effectively project a variety of characteristics, such as spontaneity, good judgment and sensitivity;
Ability to work effectively and work with other professionals on the anchor team to create a unique broadcast;
Ability to maintain a maximum quality and professionalism to build audience share, with excellent judgment;
Ability to offer creative input into news show elements;
Willing and able to commit to personal growth through continual training, coaching and feedback;
Ability to accept direction and be flexible with company and industry changes;
- Able to conceptualize and organize stories for Television presentation. Able to write, edit, produce, anchor and stand-up report strong news feature stories for audio, tape or live camera in a fast and concise manner under pressure. Demonstrate ability to report and/or anchor live ad-lib unscripted news reports with continuity, meaning and clarity. Proven ability for accuracy and follow-through.
- Acceptable on-air presence including well screen appearance, professional demeanor and voice quality, which exudes confidence and relates effectively with other on-air anchors.
- Able to enunciate clearly and have the ability to interpret and read copy fluently.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated individual who can effectively organize and perform work-assuring follow-through while functioning as a member of the KSL Television News Team.
- An in-house audition covering a story and writing a report under the direction of KSL-TV News may be required.
- Willing to sign a contractual agreement.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and work under minimal supervision. Ability to use owns initiative and show innovation in problem solving.
- Self-starter, capable of performing under pressure particularly during peak hours to meet job deadlines as the services performed affect the ability of others in the department to do their work.
- Willingness to travel on the company's behalf.
- Valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
Preferred Qualifications, But Not Required:
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Individuals who qualify and are interested in being considered for the position should contact:
Human Resources by
KSL Television, KSL Radio, KRSP, KSFI and Bonneville Communications Application Procedures
1. Application can be downloaded from this site.
2. Application can either be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , faxed to (801) 575-5820, or mailed to:
Human Resource Department
55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84180
3. KSL Television, KSL Radio, KRSP, KSFI and Bonneville Communications
will no longer allow walk-in applicants into the facility.
4. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that
may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
5. Submitting an application for positions not posted will not be accepted.
KSL Television - 17 months ago