Posting Job Title: TWCS Syracuse Internship - Fall 2013
Requisition #: 148574BR
Posting Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Area of Interest: Cable Television Production
Position Type: Intern
Posting Job Description
The TWCS internship program is designed to assist students in gaining valuable experience in the field of television sports. TWCS interns will learn the dynamics and the daily operation of Time Warner Cable's regional sports channel. TWCS interns will support the TWCS team by executing daily tasks, assignments and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with producers in gathering resources for upcoming productions
- Perform assigned tasks during remote productions
- Research archived sports video
- Learn editing techniques necessary for in-house productions
- Learn proper camera operation
- Perform day to day operational duties
- Participate in TWCS department meetings
- Assist TWCS department with CAMM events
- Other tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates for internships MUST:
- Receive academic credits for the internship assignment.
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic, and have a demonstrated interest in television.
- Be able to commit to interning approximately 16 hours per week.
- Coursework and previous internship experience in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment
FCC Unit_TWC: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00160 - Syracuse Fair Lakes Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 30+ days ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...