Position: Tactical Recruiter (Human Performance/Military)
Athletes’ Performance is the global leader in integrated performance training for the top athletes in the world. From our four world-class facilities in Arizona, Southern California, Florida and Texas, Athletes’ Performance trains the top Champions in Sport, including 14 2012 NFL first round picks, 87 MLB players in 2012 alone, and 3 of the final 16 teams in the 2010 World Cup, as well as elite military operators and leading teams globally. Our work at AP takes us to China, Germany, Argentina, the UK, and many places in between, as we are helping to power the performance of athletes around the world.
In addition to supporting top athletes and teams, we leverage our proprietary methodology and systems to help high school and college athletes, military personnel, and leading executives redefine what’s possible, delivering unmatched results with a world-class experience. Athletes’ Performance was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports in 2011, and is a fixture in top media outlets including the NFL Network, ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and Men’s Health.
Founded in 1999 by industry visionary Mark Verstegen, Athletes’ Performance is a thought leader in the human performance space. In addition to athlete, military, and executive programming, AP is home to a Performance Innovation Team, a cross-functional team of experts that is constantly evaluating all programming and associated technology that the company delivers while driving innovation forward internally and with our team of leading partners. AP also has a dedicated Education team that conducts our industry-acclaimed Mentorship programs both at our U.S. facilities and around the world.
Athletes’ Performance created the Core Performance brand to help people live healthier, higher-performing lives. Today, Core Performance is the leader in proactive wellness, delivering measurable results through integrated, data-driven programs that are rooted in advanced science and research for employees and corporations. CP solutions are engaging, personalized, and sustainable, yielding meaningful results for employees and a competitive advantage for employers.
Athletes’ Performance Inc. is backed by Polaris Ventures, Walgreens Corporation, and ABS Capital. Along with our world-class investment team, AP is proud to have a team of leading partners committed to supporting human performance, including adidas, SKLZ, EAS, Sheraton, Keiser, Intel, Tignum, Axon Potential, and Zeo.
Athletes’ Performance is currently looking to add a Tactical Recruiter to our team who will demonstrate strong recruitment strategy and success.
The position will duel report to the Tactical Operations Leadership and Recruiting Leadership at Athletes’ Performance. The Tactical Recruiter will have experience with high volume recruiting from A to Z, a plus would be experience in the Human Performance Industry or Military recruiting. This role will be responsible for the search process from start to finish, sourcing talent, managing the candidate and hiring process all the way through hire. Additionally, the individual will need to be a strategic thinker who can develop pathways and systems for recruiting qualified Performance Specialists, Physical therapists, Certified Athletic Trainers, Sports Psychologists and Nutritionists at scale to service our Tactical clients.
This individual will operate with considerable latitude in a fast growing, entrepreneurial environment that requires propensity for action and will be considered a key member of the company’s management team.
- Recruit high volume Human Performance positions domestically and internationally that require candidates to pass strict security clearance
- Source, prescreen, schedule and conduct interviews
- Utilize various recruiting methods to attract potential candidates
- Work with hiring managers on specific openings and manage the process from interview to hire
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in relation to position requirements
- Provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position
- Determine appropriate sourcing strategy for position(s) to be filled.
- Meet regularly with hiring managers to calibrate expectations of the hiring process.
- Ensure that candidate has fulfilled all requirements in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Disposition candidates at the appropriate time during the hiring process.
- Follow all steps as defined by the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Industry Experience, Professional/Collegiate Sports/Human Performance/Military Experience huge plus
- Demonstrated Recruiting Network and ability to source top talent and facilitate interview process
- Communicates proactively and consistently with hiring managers and candidates throughout the course of the search.
- Proven track record of successful leadership
- Proven success prospecting and cultivating qualified talent for current and future positions and maintaining relationships with that talent during the recruitment process
- Must be results oriented and possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Ability to prioritize and work in a demanding environment
- Analytical – good problem solving skills
- Growth focused – motivated by success
- Strong sense of urgency
- Results oriented
- Hands on – “get it done” mindset
- Passion that is visible
- Able to lead – able to follow
Athletes' Performance/Core Performance conducts post-offer Background Check