Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated: Fair and Square. Today, rooted in this rich legacy, we are re-imagining every aspect of our business in order to reclaim our birthright and become America’s favorite store. The truth is, we’re fine growing old. We’re not fine with growing stale. So we are throwing open the windows and letting in some fresh air. With 1,100 stores and jcp.com, we’re focused on delivering an exciting, new shopping experience that is in sync with the rhythm of our customers’ lives through exceptionally curated merchandise, artful presentation and unmatched customer service. Most critical to our success is enlisting the industry’s best talent to fuel our transformation and help change the way America shops for goods.
Reporting to the Store Leader, the Talent Resource Leader will lead all talent acquisition processes, Salon and Sephora teams, selling floor scheduling, team member training, and overall engagement initiatives to deliver on America’s Favorite Store.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Maintains a positive and inclusive team relations environment by championing and supporting Team Member and Management needs in the Store.
- Ensures the Fair and Square experience remains an on-going focus of the Store.
- Drives sales and profit through people by leading the sourcing and selection process to ensure acquisition of the best possible talent for positions.
- Leads in the development and execution of the Sales Floor staffing strategy with store leadership to ensure the store is staffed with the right talent while maintaining a full-time to part-time ratio.
- Leads the Salon and Sephora businesses and sets direction to maximize sales and team performance.
- Responsible for the Leader of the Day program and scheduling within the Store.
- Drives the Store Team Member engagement activities including Fair and Square experience, sourcing talent, hiring and selection, training, feedback and performance management.
- Partners closely with Store Leadership to ensure Team Members receive ongoing coaching in the moment, training and career counseling.
jcpenney is transforming itself to become “America’s Favorite Store”
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent leadership experience
- Demonstrated success and skills in sourcing, training and development of top talent
- Strong skills in relating to others and team communication
- Embraces and cultivates a fair and square team and customer experience
- High energy leader that embraces and elevates team engagement
We are committed to diversity. jcpenney is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.