As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc. is looking for a Tax Accountant to join its team of dedicated Tax professionals in our Herndon, Virginia office.
The Tax Accountant will be required to:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting. CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge & proficiency in current federal, state and local tax laws, regulations and rulings.
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of all aspects of state and local tax compliance: monthly sales and use tax, excise taxes, business licenses and personal property tax filings; assist in audits.
- Research and review documentation (i.e. vouchers, invoices, etc.)
- Preform account analysis, reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assist and/or prepare Federal, state and local income tax returns and estimated quarterly payments.
- Assist with the preparation of ASC 740 financial analysis and reporting.
- Participate in the research and analysis of proposed and existing business transaction to determine the effect upon taxes.
- Research tax issues and respond to Federal and state notices and audit requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
2-5 years of related tax accounting experience.
- Strong computer skills including Excel
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Oracle financial applications, any Fixed Asset Depreciation Program, Tax research software (CCH or RIA) and/or Thomson Reuters OneSouce (GO System) automated tax software a plus
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...