The Tax Associate will support the Tax Senior Manager and will facilitate reporting for all domestic tax activities, including state and federal income tax compliance, sales and use taxes, property taxes, income tax accounting, and special projects. In addition, the Tax Associate will assist in some worldwide tax activities such as income taxes, consumption taxes (VAT and GST), transfer pricing, and special projects.
- Interface with internal finance and accounting personnel, external tax consultants, and governmental agencies as required
- Work with Tax Senior Manager to maintain robust files which will include documenting tax positions, issues, controversy and analysis
- Team with Tax Senior Manager to organize and create an internal file and organization system
- Assist Senior Manager with maintenance of nexus and taxability drivers in Vertex
- Monthly responsibilities will include: reconciliation of sales tax leger accounts to sales tax collection records in Vertex, monthly sales tax filings using Vertex Returns, tax asset tracking, and tax compliance calendar maintenance
- Quarterly responsibilities will include: quarterly sales tax filings, nexus analysis for all domestic entities, calculation of estimated indirect tax exposures, assist in drafting of quarterly ASC450 memo and FIN48 documentation
- Coordinate and/or facilitate the data collection for reporting on domestic and international activities including income taxes, indirect taxes, and property taxes
- Coordination with outside tax consultants on tax audits as deemed appropriate
- Special projects
- BA/BS in Accounting or tax-specific degree
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience covering a broad range of tax areas, ideally both Federal and State Income and Indirect tax
- Excellent tax research and planning experience
- Familiarity with broad tax concepts and associated federal reporting
- Proficiency in a variety of software packages, including Excel, Word, and experience using various tax-specific software such as Vertex, InSource (also called OneSource or GoSystems), and BNA Forms. Tax Associate should also be familiar with accounting general ledger systems and data queries in these systems, specifically Great Plains.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Willingness to broaden general corporate tax knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external tax resources
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently
In April of 2015, Match turns 20 years old as one of less than a handful of tech companies born in 1995 that still leads its category. And...