Our client, in the media industry, currently seeks a Tax Director of Compliance.
- Responsible for keeping the Company in complete compliance as it relates to various income & non-income tax reporting, including franchise, sales tax, property, etc
- Responsible for leading and managing the ASC 740/ASC 740-10 tax provision process, establishing strong financial controls and dealing directly with the domestic and foreign subsidiary financial directors.
- Manages the international tax compliance process to assure compliance with Company’s international transfer pricing policies
- Manages the domestic and foreign provision to return reconciliation process Oversees streamlining of tax and GAAP differences for statutory tax reporting purposes.
- Reviews all tax returns, extensions, and estimated payments.
- Reviews calculation of estimated overall tax rate for budget and forecasts.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for streamlining or redesigning tax processes.
- Supports the Senior Director, Global Tax in managing relationships between the Company and external auditors as well as government agencies relating to tax matters.
- Acts as a liaison between business, legal, and finance on tax matters relating to deals and transactions.
- Researches and implements new tax laws or tax impact in regards to how they relate to the Company.
- Manages the implementation of Tax Strategies in order to meet the Tax Objectives of the Company.
- Works with the Senior Director, Global Tax in formulating tax planning strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax master’s degree or law degree
- Strong FAS 109 and tax software experience
- 7+ years of related tax experience, preferably with consumer product/entertainment industry experience.
- Team oriented leader
- Ability to work directly with the business managers and should have the ability to develop working relationships with senior management and staff members of all departments.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with team-oriented interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who is flexible and has the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Desire to contribute to organizational goals and personal growth.