Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
The Tax Director-Domestic will direct the global tax accounting process as well as domestic compliance, including tax controversy issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Proactively direct the tax accounting and compliance function to ensure compliance with US GAAP and IRS rules and regulations, including a strong SOX control environment.
- Establish an environment where processes are analyzed on an ongoing basis to ensure that the tax accounting and compliance functions are running as efficiently as possible.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal business operations to ensure appropriately addressed in tax accounting and compliance processes.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the transfer pricing and planning teams to ensure that all planning and transfer pricing structures are properly reflected in the books and records and properly reflected for tax accounting and compliance purposes.
- Manage and develop staff including establishing goals and objectives and leading the team to achieve those goals.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, with emphasis in finance and accounting
- An MBA or CPA is preferred.
- At least 15 years of experience with progressive responsibilities in tax accounting and compliance.
- At least 6 years of proven people management and/or leadership experience.
- Big Four Public Accounting experience is preferred.
- Fortune 100 in house tax accounting and compliance experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of FAS109/FIN48.
- Sound judgment and ability to provide recommendations toward the determination of policy and strategy.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Aon - 19 months ago
Aon plc is a multinational corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom, that provides risk management services, insurance and...