Tax Manager – National Tax - Performance & Reward – HR Technology - Dallas
We currently have a career opportunity for a HR Technology Tax Manager to participate in multiple and challenging domestic and global technology engagements across a diverse client base. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain meaningful exposure to our business and learn as an integral member of our client services teams.
Our Performance & Reward (P&R) practice is a specialty practice that falls under our National Tax Department and provides a broad range of services focusing on human resources (HR) and technology. A company's "people investment" is one of its most significant investments and our Performance & Reward practice focuses on helping clients better control cost and manage risk associated with their HR plans, programs and systems. Our Performance & Reward professionals help clients measure, control, reduce or reallocate HR costs and assess operations to deliver business performance improvement. We also help clients manage the risks associated with their benefit plans and other HR programs, including assessing the financial implications of a transaction on HR functions, plans and programs as well as the outsourcing relationships that support HR. We use our knowledge of the HR function, coupled with our technology expertise, to provide clients with guidance and support in technology initiatives that impact the HR function.
Ernst & Young's National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients and is led by nationally recognized tax professionals who represent some of the firm's most senior tax talent. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of National Tax's ability to help clients analyze the effects of tax law and regulations and to assist clients in determining and implementing appropriate tax planning.
Lead and deliver global technology consulting engagements, including strategy, process evaluation, process improvement and risk mediation, design of HR system delivery options (instance consolidation of HR systems, shared service center development, use of technology to generate efficiencies), and HR IT strategy. Benchmark key performance indicators, and evaluate HR process effectiveness.
Support and manage the delivery of a wide variety of engagements ranging from HR systems/HR service delivery strategy and organization design as well as HR process mapping and redesign. Lead and support business development of HR transformation/effectiveness-related pursuits. Perform portfolio rationalization of HR-related applications of integrated systems or best-of-breed solutions. Support and lead vendor solution evaluations. Deliver HR-related functional implementations covering key phases of the software development lifecycle. Perform HR system optimization by assessing and redesigning processes.
Develop the practice by coaching and mentoring junior staff.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- a bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, human resources management or a related discipline with demonstrated, exceptional academic achievement
- a minimum of 4 years of experience in sourcing, process improvement advisory, shared service center design and administration, and vendor transitions
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- project management, stakeholder management and communications experience
- experience with global or multi-national projects
- ability to facilitate client discussions and collaborate with clients and identify engagement follow-on opportunities
- a strong desire to excel demonstrated global HR and payroll consulting experience and proven functional knowledge of leading technology vendors in the marketplace (including SAP, PeopleSoft, and Workday payroll modules as well as reports, controls and associated process design)
- demonstrated global HR and payroll consulting experience in developing strategies, conducting assessments, leading vendor selections, designing processes considering associated risk and controls, and implementing solutions worldwide
- proven expertise in full lifecycle HR system implementations, including defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
- significant large-scale project management experience, including budget, scope and resource management as well as the ability to engage clients and colleagues at all levels
- excellent client service, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), organizational, and project management skills
- strong quantitative acumen, including outstanding analytical ability
- functional knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- ability to travel regularly
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...