Job Number 1510629
Job Number 1510629 Business GE Corporate Business Segment Corporate Finance & Operating Components Posted Position Title Tax Manager – State Income Taxes – Financial Services Career Level Experienced Function Finance Function Segment Tax Location United States U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces Connecticut City Stamford Postal Code 06927-4000 Relocation Assistance No Essential Responsibilities Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the GE state tax team and the financial services businesses to minimize the company’s state and local income tax liability while insuring full compliance with state tax laws.
- Research state tax laws
- Review state tax returns
- Prepare and analyze “what-if” scenarios
- Assist state compliance team and senior tax managers Qualifications/Requirements •BS degree (preferably in accounting or finance)
- 3-5 years state tax experience
- Self-starter; ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Excel and data management skills Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Desired Characteristics •Big 4 accounting experience
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others Section 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...