Tax Manager - Federal Tax - Quantitative Services - Dallas
Tax is an inescapable dimension of almost every business activity, in every jurisdiction where a company does business. To optimize the financial performance of business operations, tax strategy and business strategy have to work together across a client enterprise. Our core tax advisory business offerings in International Tax Services, State and Local Taxes and Federal Tax Services make up the business offering for our core Tax practice.
One of the benefits of being aligned with one of these functional groups is that you will have the technical proficiency and connectivity to address client issues as well as develop as well-rounded, quality-focused tax professionals. As a member of EY's core Tax practice, you will have the combination of deep tax knowledge and a sophisticated understanding of business drivers to serve your clients to the best of your ability.
Within our Federal Tax practice, we currently have a career opportunity for a Manager in our Quantitative Services group. Quantitative Services focuses on the quantification and qualification of larger federal tax deductions and credits to be included in accounting method changes, annual return filings, or requiring amended returns. This work commonly includes automatic and non-automatic accounting method changes, meals and entertainment studies, research credit studies, and Section 199 studies.
Ernst & Young's Federal Tax practice provides clients with tax guidance and planning related to working capital and long-term assets, as well as legislative analysis in the area of tax policy. Our people work on key client issues in domestic federal taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives; corporate tax; pass-through entities; S corporations; and industry focus.
Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and attempting to find new approaches.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- a degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field; an advanced degree in tax or law preferred
- CPA, JD or Enrolled Agent certification
- a minimum of 4 years of relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- broad exposure to federal income taxation
- familiarity or skill in IRS tax controversy and statistical sampling desired
- excellent managerial, organizational, project management, and verbal/written communication skills
- the ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable supervising teams of EY personnel and client personnel
- proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, and data mining tools
Ernst & Young - 12 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...