Tax Manager - Indirect Tax - Sales & Use - Atlanta
We currently have a career opportunity for a Sales & Use Tax Manager to manage multiple and challenging tax engagements and to contribute to the delivery of innovative sales and use tax planning ideas for our diverse clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
The key to appropriately managing a company's overall state and local tax cost is to align tax strategies with business initiatives and proceed with assisting the company with implementation. Ernst & Young's Global Indirect Tax Practice provides the knowledge, experience, resources, and processes to bridge the gap between what is expected of a company's tax department and its current capacity. In addition to having depth of technical knowledge and experience, our professionals are knowledgeable about the business challenges companies are facing and how those challenges affect a company's state and local tax position. Our national network of practitioners focuses on both direct and indirect state and local taxes by offering a broad array of services.
Demonstrate an understanding of complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches with timely and responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. Identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other special services.
Manage the work of client service team members. Participate in and contribute to attaining team goals.
Thoroughly and accurately analyze information. Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions. Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans, as well as, make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- a degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field; an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable
- a minimum of 3 years of relevant tax consulting experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- CPA certification, Enrolled Agent, CMI, Member of the Bar, or foreign equivalent certification
- broad exposure to state and local taxation
- excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...