As real estate taxes are a significant cost to real estate owners, it behooves Forest City to actively manage real estate assessments and taxes. Our primary goal is to maintain equitable property tax assessments and minimize property tax liabilities. As part of the tax team, in support of the SBUs, we accomplish this through various activities. The candidate must:
- Possess an understanding of ad valorem taxation principles and concepts;
- Have the ability to read, analyze, interpret and develop financial statements;
- Have completed Appraisal Institute Appraisal Principles, Appraisal Procedures, USPAP, Income Approach 1, Income Approach 2, Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use classes; or completed IAAO classes 101, 102, 112, 312, and a USPAP class.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel; appraisal terminology and techniques.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate and interface with management at all levels.
- Possess the ability to efficiently and collegially work as part of a team to accomplish department objectives.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 18 months ago