Tax Senior - Financial Services Office - Asset Management
We currently have a career opportunity for a Tax Senior in our Financial Services Asset Management Tax practice. The successful candidate will be responsible for tax compliance and advisory work for clients in the areas of investment and hedge Funds, mutual funds and/or private equity. Our people work on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives.
Tax is an inescapable dimension of almost every business activity, in every jurisdiction where a company does business. To optimize the financial performance of business operations, tax strategy and business strategy have to work together across a client enterprise. Ernst & Young's Financial Services Tax practice includes International Tax Services, State and Local Tax and Federal Tax Services.
One of the benefits of being aligned with one of these functional groups is that you will have the technical proficiency and connectivity to address client issues as well as develop as well-rounded, quality-focused tax professionals. As a member of EY's Financial Services Tax practice, you will have the combination of deep tax knowledge and a sophisticated understanding of business drivers to serve your clients to the best of your ability.
Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products. Supervise the work of Staff professionals.
Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts. Discuss moderately complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management. Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
Thoroughly and accurately analyze information. Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions. Share ideas with others. Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals. Assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans, and assist in making quality decisions in complex areas.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- a degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field; an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable
- CPA, Enrolled Agent and/or LLM certification or demonstrable, active efforts to earn these licenses
- tax experience or equivalent experience in business or the financial services industry
- familiarity with the financial services industry gained through direct involvement with managed investment vehicles preferred
- broad exposure to federal income taxation and some exposure to state and local tax
- experience in a professional services environment preferred
- excellent supervisory, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- PC proficiency
Ernst & Young - 18 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...