Tax Senior Manager – National Tax – Global Compliance & Reporting
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Global Compliance & Reporting Tax Senior Manager. Using cutting-edge technology and working with team-oriented colleagues, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing non-US corporate income tax reporting and compliance outsourcing services for primarily large US multi-national corporations.
Within Ernst & Young's Business Tax Services practice, our Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) group has talented and dedicated professionals who provide quality global tax compliance and outsourcing services within a global network operating in more than 140 countries worldwide. Our services provide visibility over global information through knowledge of local business environments and tax rules, and also provide control of worldwide compliance in monitoring or coordinating over 160 global engagements through our Center of Excellence teams.
Ernst & Young’s GCR services assist clients in design and implementation of global statutory accounting and tax compliance processes. Our services include:
• Implementation of centrally-managed outsourcing models that provide clients with greater control and visibility over global compliance and reporting activities
• Assistance in the migration of statutory reporting and tax compliance processes from local countries to shared service centers
• Development of new operating models to address entry into new markets, integration with finance transformation initiatives, and implementation of shared service centers
• Inventory of statutory reporting and tax compliance requirements, assessments of potential risk areas, and development of operating blueprints to implement more effective management, control and visibility over the global compliance and reporting function
Lead all aspects of the GCR engagement. Own a portfolio of accounts.
Lead pursuits, including building positive client relationships; leading proposal development formation of a bid and delivery team; making scoping, costing and pricing decisions; and leading client discussions/presentations.
Lead the negotiation and agreement of the contract.
Provide overall responsibility for successful transitions and implementations.
Provide overall worldwide responsibility for service delivery, client relationship management, delivery of exceptional client service, achievement of SLAs/KPIs, effective day-to-day governance resolution of service issues, meeting budgeted engagement profitability and scope and change management.
Be actively involved as a member of the account team.
Expand services covered under the GCR engagement, as appropriate based on a client-specific needs.
Identify, drive and implement opportunities for cost savings and operational efficiencies with a global focus and mindset.
Identify engagement issues (service delivery, scope management, etc.) and actively participate in the resolution of those issues.
Ensure timely delivery of global compliance and reporting services worldwide.
Ensure billing and scope management processes are effectively and consistently implemented.
To qualify, candidates must have:
We seek candidates with strong tax and accounting functional knowledge, demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others, and demonstrated ability to build meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues.
- a bachelor’s degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience; or a master’s degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
- an undergraduate emphasis in accounting or finance and approximately 8 years of related work experience in global or international tax compliance or approximately 7 years equivalent experience in business or industry preferred
- CPA or EA certification
- strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple engagements and consistently meet deadlines
- demonstrated technology proficiency and eagerness to expand technology and process skills
- excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, teaming and verbal/written communication skills
- willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...