Tax Senior Manager - Indirect Employment tax - DC
The key to appropriately managing a company's overall Indirect tax cost is to align tax strategies with business initiatives and proceed with assisting the company with implementation. Ernst & Young's Indirect Tax Practice provides the knowledge, experience, resources, and processes to bridge the gap between what is expected of a company's tax department and its current capacity. In addition to having depth of technical knowledge and experience, our professionals are knowledgeable about the business challenges companies are facing and how those challenges affect a company's state and local tax position. Our national network of practitioners focuses on both direct and indirect taxes by offering a broad array of services.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager to lead and manage multiple and challenging tax engagements to deliver quality tax planning services for our diverse clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches with timely and responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. Identify opportunities for tax planning and other special services.
Thoroughly and accurately analyze information. Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions. Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans. Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
Manage the work of client service team members and management staff. Participate in and contribute to attaining team goals.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
- a bachelor's degree preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or economics (an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable)
- CPA certification, Member of the Bar, or foreign equivalent certification
- relevant tax consulting experience or the equivalent experience in business or industry
- broad exposure to Indirect taxation
- strong managerial skills and a proven record in leading teams
- advanced organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- demonstrated business development skills
Ernst & Young - 23 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...