US Public Finance: Director Position in Chicago, Mid-West Tax-Supported
The individual will market to municipal issuers, investment bankers, financial advisors and other municipal bond markets participants in the Mid-West region with the goal of elevating Fitch’s USPF rating business profile and visibility, and generating new ratings business opportunities.
- Develop relationships with above noted constituents via regular interaction.
- Market to municipal issuers, investment bankers, and financial advisors to advocate the value of using a Fitch rating on municipal bond and other securities.
- Persuasively present, through written and personal interfaces with issuers and bankers, our analytical products and services.
- Negotiate fees and mandate letters for all types of rating services
- A bachelor’s degree is required – MPA, MPP or MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience, preferably in some area of the municipal capital markets, with a focus on marketing and/or sales
- Knowledge of municipal bond markets, the credit rating industry, and local governments
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Travel Required
- Highly self-motivated, and able to generate marketing ideas
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with broad range of personalities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
Fitch Ratings - 18 months ago
Because governments can have lousy credit, too, Fitch Ratings issues ratings for some 17,000 banks, financial institutions, insurance...