Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service .
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Fine dining service a must
- Provide excellent service at all times to all of our guests
- Assist guests courteously and efficiently
- Set up tables up to our standard
- Maintain the dinning room and station clean at all the time
- Keep chairs and banquettes clean and clear of debris
- Take customer food and beverage orders
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails
- Set up side station
- Make sure that all silver and glasses are wiped and spotless
- Mark tables appropriately to food order for each course
- Enter all sales in POS without errors. Double check list of items before "sending"
- Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it
- Set up tables according to hostesses communication
- Up keep and clear tables between courses through out the meal
- Support the food runner to help run food in a timely manner
- Verify guest satisfaction with each table during each course served
- Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
- Attend all food and beverage training classes
- To wish each and every guest a warm farewell and thank them for coming
- At the end of the shift deliver all checks and report to the appropriate place according to rules
- Setting and maintaining the dining room environment and material perfectly clean
- Following the posted opening and closing duties
- Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting
- Attend monthly department meeting
- Generate a good atmosphere
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a luxury lounge establishment
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
- Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation
- Have a good knowledge of wine
- Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Have excellent communication and organization skills
- Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
- Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all times