This is a part-time position working as a Teacher - Elementary Content Coach for Reading. The position will be working with K-3 students in Reading.
A valid teaching license in K-6 Elementary issued by the Minnesota Department of Education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the core curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies to meet a wide range of student learning styles and abilities.
- Knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Knowledge of research and trends in teaching and learning styles.
- Knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Strong skills in classroom presentation and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with students, parents, district staff and community members from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based upon district and schools goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt teaching styles to diverse student populations.
- Ability to evaluate student performance and to present evaluations in a manner that fosters higher student achievement.
- Ability to work in a cooperative learning environment.
- Ability to utilize computer and multimedia technology as appropriate.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Provide instruction in the core curriculum areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Develop and implement innovative methods for providing instruction to students.
- Support the Minnesota Graduation Standards; implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program to which assigned.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with system used by school and/or District; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the academic development of the student; participate in parent teacher conferences.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students when necessary.
- Continue to seek professional growth and development in the curriculum areas for which employed; attend professional development required by the District.
- Contribute to the District's inclusive workplace efforts by fostering a safe, welcoming, and respectful environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This is a school year teaching position working 20 hours per week.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Teacher negotiated labor agreement. The labor agreement and salary schedule can be found at http://hr.spps.org/Labor_Agreements.html . The minimum rate of pay for this position is $20,385 annually.
Benefits are available to new employees after 30 days of active employment. Benefits include medical insurance, life insurance, sick leave, pension plan, tax-free retirement account, and flexible spending account. Some employee groups also receive vacation, dental insurance and disability insurance. A benefits summary is available at http://www.hr.spps.org/Benefits_Summary_by_Union.html .
Transcript - Unofficial transcripts are accepted at the time of hire. You must submit official transcripts within 30 days of your start date. Formal credential evaluation is required for post-secondary education completed outside of the United States.
Veteran's Preference - If you are an eligible veteran applying for a job where veteran's preference applies and wish to claim Veterans Preference you must submit a legible copy of your DD214 to the Human Resource Department with your employment application. If your claim is approved, five or ten additional points will be added to your final passing score.
Criminal Background Investigation and Reference Checks - Reference checks and a criminal background investigation will be completed as a condition of hire for all new employees and for former employees who have not been employed by the District for more than six months.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
Saint Paul Public Schools - 20 months ago